Get ready because the new generation of consumers have arrived. With a population of over 2.56 billion Gen Z people, accounting for nearly 26% of the worldwide population, and a total purchasing power of $143 billion, Gen Z is a lucrative market. Consumers in Generation Z demand super-personalised experiences that are tailored to their unique requirements and interests. Their digital savvy and distinct expectations generate novel trends and experiences that will have a significant influence on eCommerce firms in the near future. So, for your brand to stand apart you need to create an ecommerce website that resonates with your Gen Z consumers. Partner up with an ecommerce development service provider for the best ecommerce solutions.
Who are the Gen Zs?
Generation Z, often known as Zoomers, are people born between 1997 and 2015. Gen Z is noted for being diverse, socially and ecologically sensitive, entrepreneurial, and good at multitasking in the digital domain. Generation Z individuals have found strategies to enhance value by being innovative, stubborn and influencing internet behaviour before showing brand devotion, resulting in a more holistic shopping experience.
What do we Know About Gen Z Consumer Behaviour?
Growing up in the age of information, Gen Zs are highly intelligent and pragmatic – they tend to take their education and money very seriously. As expected, their consumer behaviour is a reflection of this pragmatism, and their affinity for all kinds of technological advancements. As the oldest Zoomers become young adults and become legit consumers in the market, the best ecommerce development services need to adapt their marketing strategies to attract this group of consumers.
The particular Gen Z consumer behaviours that marketers need to keep in mind while displaying their products are as follows:
- Zoomers are not easily fooled by blatant marketing. They will do their own research and weigh different options before making any buying decision.
- Being a thrifty group, they do not commit to any particular brand; instead they are always on the lookout for a good deal, whatever may be the product.
- Zoomers are highly socially, morally and ecologically oriented. So, their marketing decisions are often influenced by brand ethics and corporate responsibility.
- Social media plays a big role in their daily lives, often highly impacting their marketing decisions.
How Ecommerce Development Services Are Building Great Ecommerce Websites for Gen Z?
Gen Z prefers originality, individuality and inclusivity more than anything else. They tend to lean towards brands and businesses which share their ideals. Gen Z expects personalised experiences, technology integration, and a strong commitment to sustainability and social responsibility from the brands they engage with.
While Gen Z share many commonality with millennial consumer behaviour, businesses would still need to scale up their marketing techniques to hit the right pulse. They should bear in mind certain considerations when they intend to sell their products to the Gen Z group.
- Omnichannel Strategy – This tech savvy group do not rely on only one source for their information. They are always using a mix of channels to gather insights and make the correct decisions. So, any business would have a higher chance of reaching their audience if they use multiple channels to advertise.
- Brand Development – Your business better have a social media presence if you want any chance to connect to your Gen Z audience. They will keep a keen eye on your every post gauging how genuine your brand is.
- Conscientious Brand – Gen Z’s are also extremely conscious about the social and economic imbalance in society. They prefer a brand who takes their social responsibility seriously and act accordingly.
- Personalized Connections – Studies show that Zoomers are highly responsive to personalized messages and a marketing experience that are tailored to their tastes and interests. If you can hit the right nerve with them, you will surely be able to attract many more customers.
- More and more reward – Who does not appreciate a bargain? It is so much more fun if it comes in the form of rewards. Gen Zs are more prone to be influenced by the opinions of their favourite influencers, so unique referral codes shared by them seems so much more valuable.
The Bottom Line
The Gen Z’s are a hard nut to crack. They value creativity, honesty, and economical options more than anything else. In order to speak their language, you need to market yourself through every media possible, have a strong internet presence, and genuinely invest in social and environmental causes. As more and more Gen Z reach adulthood and becomes an independent consumer, more businesses try to grab that opportunity. Understanding Gen Z consumer behaviour is the key behind your success. So, if you partner with the right marketing company like Solis Technology to grab the attention of your Gen Z audience.